This past week two of my closest friends turned 25. To celebrate we booked a night at Sparkling Hill Resort & Spa for a relaxing and low-key girls night. Sparkling Hill is a beautiful resort nestled in the mountains about 45 minutes away from Kelowna. The resort has the most unique and breathtaking architecture, with over 3.5 million Swarovski crystal elements incorporated into the design. We arrived early Friday evening and hurriedly checked in, eager to get the birthday celebrations underway.
After arriving in our gorgeous room we slipped into our robes and immediately reached for the bubbles.
Since it also happened to be St. Patrick’s Day we brought a few Guinnesses along…
Then it was time for the birthday girls to open their pressies.
The rest of our evening was spent in the KurSpa, taking advantage of the lavish saunas, steam rooms, and the amazing infinity pool (sans camera, unfortunately.)
The next morning we begrudgingly dragged ourselves out of our most comfortable beds and headed off to breakfast. The view from our table was most definitely worth getting out of bed for.
Afterwards it was sadly time to check out and say goodbye to this beautiful place.
If you’re planning a getaway to this wonderful resort in the near future here are a few tips we found from our stay that you might find helpful:
- Book a lake view room. I’ve had the opportunity to stay in both the mountain view and lake view rooms, and although they are both beautiful, there is just something about a lake view that can’t be beat. It is definitely worth paying a bit extra for.
- Take advantage of all of the KurSpa amenities. Use of the sauna and steam rooms are included in your stay and each room has a unique twist. Our groups favourite was the rose steam room with its delightful rose aroma and moderate 38°C temperature (compared to the 90°C room, that is).
- Wear your robe and slippers everywhere. People were even wearing them at breakfast, and I have to say that I was slightly envious.
- PeakFine isn’t your only option for dinner. We had heard mixed reviews about the restaurant (and also couldn’t be bothered to change out of our robes) so we looked into ordering pizza. We ordered from Jim’s Pizza in Vernon and for a $15 delivery charge we had our 11pm dinner for 4 in our room.
- Bring a cooler with your beverages of choice. The rooms do have (well-hidden) mini fridges, but it wasn’t cold when we arrived, and the 45 minute drive from Kelowna would have left our sparkling at a less than ideal temperature regardless. They do provide wine glasses for you in the room though, so don’t worry about bringing those.
We had the most the amazing time here during our stay and I cannot wait to go back. If you ever have the opportunity to visit Sparkling Hill you simply must go, as it really is a unique and luxurious experience right here in the Okanagan.